OTTAWA — The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) presented the winners of its annual Canadian Tourism Awards at The Westin Ottawa after two days spent at the organization’s annual Tourism Congress. Now in its 22nd year, the Canadian Tourism Awards features nine categories of distinction, in addition to the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, which this year was won by industry luminary Bill Knowlton.
The winners include:
- Floor13 Business Event Award – Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) 2022 Convention, Toronto
- Air Canada Business of the Year Award – Great Wolf Lodge, Niagara Falls, Ont.
- ITAC Indigenous Tourism Award – Heritage Path Tour, Elisipogtog Mi’kmaq Cultural Centre
- VIA Rail Canada Innovator of the Year Award – AREA 506 Waterfront Container Village
- Small or Medium-Sized Business of the Year Award – ERTCU Travel Group
- Air Transat Sustainable Tourism Award – Eagle Wing Tours
- Tourism HR Canada Employee of the Year Award – Kaleigh Potts, Adventure Canada
- Tourism HR Canada Employer of the Year Award – Tourism Kingston
- TMAC Travel Media Award – Must Do Canada, Karla and Matthew Bailey
“We are thrilled to be announcing the esteemed winners of this year’s awards,” says Beth Potter, president and CEO of TIAC. “Each of these winners have proven to have gone above and beyond in offering travellers superior experiences in Canada, and have done so under incredibly trying circumstances. They embody the true spirit of our awards – the values of courage, hard work and dedication to a truly great tourism product.”