TORONTO — Motel 6 Canada, in collaboration with G6 Hospitality, has launched ‘Clean@6’ — a comprehensive initiative designed to ensure guests feel confident when staying at any Motel 6 or Studio 6 locations across Canada and the U.S.
“The health and safety of our hotel associates and guests are of the utmost importance to us,” says Irwin Prince, president & COO, Realstar Hospitality. “The Clean@6 program exemplifies our commitment to providing the travelling public with a clean and comfortable stay.”
The “Clean@6” initiative focuses on three critical touchpoints:
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitization
- frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces
- hand-sanitizer stations in public spaces
- Physical and Social Distancing
- social distancing encouraged in all common areas and at the back of the house
- plexi-glass hygiene guards installed at front-desk terminals
- Safe Behavioural Practices
- recommended use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all hotel staff
- employees trained to perform frequent hand washing by using soap and sanitizing stations
A long-standing member of the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), Motel 6 Canada will join other global brands and follow the Safe Stay guidelines for hotel cleaning. This joint initiative between the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) and HAC standardizes industry cleanliness in response to COVID-19.
“We’re very proud of the extraordinary degree of care our franchise community is demonstrating while serving guests and local communities during these unprecedented times,” adds Prince.