JASPER, Alta. — A fire erupted on the roof of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Alberta Tuesday in an incident that is believed to have started with a stray spark from a fireplace.
“There was an incredible amount of smoke,” Markus Treppenhauer, the hotel’s GM, was quoted as saying by CP.
Approximately 40 guests and 100 staff were in the building — which includes a spa, fitness centre, meeting space, restaurants, shops and 20 of the property’s 400 guestrooms — but no one was injured, and the damage was contained to a portion of the roof.
To read the complete CP story, visit winnipegfreepress.com.
Hole in One: Profiling Wales’ Celtic Manor Resort