JASPER, Alta. — A fire erupted on the roof of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Alberta Tuesday in an incident that is believed to have started with a stray spark from a fireplace.

“There was an incredible amount of smoke,” Markus Treppenhauer, the hotel’s GM, was quoted as saying by CP.
Approximately 40 guests and 100 staff were in the building — which includes a spa, fitness centre, meeting space, restaurants, shops and 20 of the property’s 400 guestrooms — but no one was injured, and the damage was contained to a portion of the roof.
To read the complete CP story, visit winnipegfreepress.com.

Keep Reading

Hole in One: Profiling Wales’ Celtic Manor Resort

Latest Hotel News


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.