MONTREAL — Air Canada closed 2019 strong with another award win. This time the company was named Best North American Airline for International Travel for the 12th consecutive year at the 2019 Best Business Travel Awards.
The award is handed out by readers of Business Traveler USA, who invites its readers annually to select the top travel providers across the globe.
“We are delighted to be consistently recognized as a North American leader in international travel by those who frequently fly a variety of airlines…I want to thank our 33,000 dedicated employees worldwide for their incredible work transporting our customers safely and comfortably in a very competitive global market,” says Lucie Guillemette, executive vice-president and CCO of Air Canada.
Throughout 2019, Air Canada was recognized with a number of other awards, including:
- Global Traveler — 2019 Airline of the Year
- The Trazees — Favorite Airline in North America in 2019
- 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards including: Best Airline in North America (third consecutive year), World’s Best Business Class Lounge Dining, Best Airline Staff in Canada, Best Business Class in North America and Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America
- Global Traveler Leisure Lifestyle Awards — Best Premium-Economy Class and Best for Onboard Entertainment
- The Freddie Awards — 210 Award (Aeroplan)
- PAX International Readership Awards — Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier in North America and Best Business Class Amenity Kit in the Americas
- TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards — Best Business Class in North America
- Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020) (seventh consecutive year)
- The Airline Strategy Awards — Diversity in Leadership Award