OTTAWA — The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) recently announced the 2017 recipients of the Hall of Fame Awards of Excellence. Each year, HAC recognizes members who demonstrate significant accomplishments and represent some of the finest examples of professionalism, quality and excellence in the industry.
“All recipients of the HAC Hall of Fame Awards of Excellence share a commitment to enhancing the guest experience and each have left a significant impact on the hotel industry,” says Susie Grynol, HAC president. “Together, as an industry, we proudly celebrate this year’s remarkable winners and their achievements.”
This year, HAC expanded the award categories to include three new awards: Aspiring Hotelier, Revenue Performance Team of the Year and HVS Most Impressive Hotel Repositioning Awards.
The 2017 Recipients of the Hall of Fame Awards of Excellence are:
• Aspiring Hotelier Award — Shalin Parikh, Chelsea Hotel
• Revenue Performance Team of the Year Award — Prince George Hotel, Halifax
• HVS Most Impressive Hotel Repositioning Award — Delta Hotels by Marriott Dartmouth
• Human Resources Award — Toronto Marriott Bloor
• Humanitarian Award — The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
• Green Key Environment Award — Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
The Hall of Fame Awards of Excellence will be presented at the HAC Conference on February 7 at a red-carpet reception.