TORONTO — Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts polled its 1.1 million Instagram followers this spring to uncover the most popular travel motivators, must-visit destinations and bucket-list experiences.

“After more than a year of paused travel, we are excited to see positive signs of recovery in many markets as we welcome more and more guests back to Four Seasons,” says John Davison, president and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “We are seeing a steady increase in global bookings and occupancy indicating that our guests are starting to put their travel dreams into action and returning to what they love doing most.”

Four Seasons social-media poll results revealed that:

  • 66 per cent of respondents are looking to cross places off their “must-visit” list by exploring a new destination on their next trip.
  • 80 per cent of respondents indicated that they are planning a trip for the simple love of travel. The remaining 20 per cent categorizes their next trip as an occasion to celebrate something special.
  • 69 per cent of respondents opted to “relax. Full stop.” when given the option of relaxing or seeking adventure. Echoing this finding, 44 per cent of respondents are also ready to unwind at the spa.
  • After border closures kept them home, 67 per cent of respondents are opting for long-haul destinations, desiring to explore all that the world has to offer.
  • 56 per cent of respondents are eager for a getaway that is “all about the food.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.