CALGARY — The 2017 Travelodge Canada Brand Conference, brought together approximately 150 attendees for a two-day conference that focused on networking and outlining where Travelodge Canada plans to go in 2018.
“All of us at Travelodge Canada were proud to present such a strong offering of keynote speakers and breakout sessions,” says vice-president, Operations, Trevor Hagel. “But even more important than that was getting the entire group together to build relationships, share ideas and learn from each other.”
The conference opened with a panel discussion hosted by media personality Dave Kelly who interviewed key members of the Travelodge Canada brand team, followed by a keynote presentation by Susie Grynol, president of the Ottawa-based Hotel Association of Canada. Current results and plans for 2018 were discussed, including the growth of the brand, with more than 800 rooms added this year; a new uniform standard; and a new breakfast standard.
A welcome reception at Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame offered networking opportunities for franchisees. The conference also featured training on revenue management, sales and operations.
During the conference, Travelodge Canada also presented its 2017 Awards at the MVP Awards Banquet. Award winners honoured at the event include:
• Hotel of the Year — Travelodge Suites New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
• General Manager of the Year — Naja El-Khoury – Travelodge Hotel Montreal Centre
• Best of Customer Service — Travelodge Sydney, Nova Scotia
• Best of Housekeeping — Travelodge Spruce Grove, Alberta
• Top Wyndham Rewards Enrollments — Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls by the Falls