OTTAWA — The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) has announced its 2017 Board of Directors. The HAC board, which meets four times yearly to discuss a broad range of industry and association-related isses, was appointed by the HAC Nominating Committee in accordance with HAC Bylaws.
Incoming Chair, Vito Curalli, executive director Canada, Latin America and International Sales for Hilton Worldwide, commenced his two-year term effective Feb. 15, 2017. Ten board members will serve as corporate representatives of the HAC Board of Directors. They include:
- Robert Pratt — president, ONE Hospitality Group
- Irwin M. Prince — president & COO, Realstar Hospitality
- Satinder Dhillon — senior vice-president, Operations, Westmont Hospitality Group
- Marc Staniloff — president & CEO, Superior Lodging Corp.
- Brian Leon — managing director, Franchise Performance, Choice Hotels Canada Inc.
- Tyler MacDonald — director, Hotels, Oxford Properties Group
- Jonathan Lund — regional vice-president, IHG
- Martin Stitt — area vice-president, Western Canada, Marriott Hotels of Canada
- Neil Hornsby — director, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Philippe Gadbois — senior vice-president, Operations, Atlific Hotels
The 10 Provincial Hotel Association representatives include:
- James Chase — CEO, British Columbia Hotel Association
- David Kaiser — president & CEO, Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association
- Scott Jocelyn — president & CEO, Manitoba Hotel Association
- Jim Bence — president & CEO, Saskatchewan Hotel & Hospitality Association
- Tony Elenis — president & CEO, Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association
- Xavier Gret — general manager, Association des Hoteliers du Quebec
- Christine Neate — representative, New Brunswick Tourism Association
- Jeff Ransome — president, Hotel Association of Nova Scotia
- Larry Laite — president, Hotel & Motel Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Craig Jones — president, Hotel Association of Prince Edward Island
“I am thrilled to welcome these top industry leaders to the HAC Board of Directors,” says Susie Grynol, president, HAC. “The election of these outstanding individuals validates our mission to tackle the important issues facing the industry.”