TORONTO — Travel + Leisure has released the 2020 edition of its World’s Best Awards.
This year’s World’s Best Awards survey closed on March 2, before widespread stay-at-home orders were implemented as a result of COVID-19. The results, therefore, reflect Travel + Leisure readers’ experiences before the pandemic.
The awards recognize global properties in a variety of categories, including The Top 100 Hotels in the World and The Top 25 Hotel Brands.
2020 Award winners include:
Top Hotels in the World
- Capella Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- Hotel Amparo, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Fogo Island Inn, Newfoundland, Canada
- The Ritz-Carlton, Bali, Indonesia
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Top Brands in the World
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts
- Capella Hotels & Resorts
- Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
- Red Carnation Hotel Collection
- One & Only Resorts
The Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, B.C., which ranked 80th, was the only other Canadian property to join The Fogo Island Inn on the Top-100 list.
In addition to the global categories, hotels were recognized in several regional categories, such as The 10 Best City Hotels in Canada and The 10 Best Resort Hotels in Canada. Recognized properties include:
The 10 Best City Hotels in Canada
- Loden Hotel, Vancouver
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver
- Ritz-Carlton, Montreal
- Hôtel Nelligan, Montreal
- Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City
- The Drake, Toronto
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver
- Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Quebec City
- (tie) The Fairmont Royal York, Toronto
- (tie) The Fairmont Waterfront, Vancouver
The Top 10 Canada Resort Hotels
- Fogo Island Inn, N.L.
- Manoir Hovey, North Hatley, Que.
- Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, B.C.
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, B.C.
- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alta.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alta.
- Four Seasons Resort & Residences, Whistler, B.C.
- The Lodge at Cabot Cape Breton, Inverness, N.S.
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alta.
- Fairmont Le Château Montebello, Que.