NEW YORK — Condé Nast Traveler has released the winners of its 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards, naming the top hotels, resorts and destinations in the world, as well as regionally.
Quebec City was named to the number-3 spot in the awards’ Best Small Cities in the World category, behind Mérida, Mexico and Dresden, Germany.
Cape Breton took top honours in the publication’s list of the top five islands in North America. Mexico’s Isla Holbox ranked second on this list, followed by Vancouver Island in third place.
The Readers’ Choice Awards’ Top 10 Resorts in Canada list includes:
- Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, B.C.
- Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa in Brentwood Bay, B.C.
- The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler, B.C.
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, Whistler, B.C.
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, B.C.
- Nita Lake Lodge, Whistler, B.C.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alta.
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alta.
- Post Hotel & Spa, Lake Louise, Alta.
- Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Alta.
The list of Top 10 Hotels in Canada (which doesn’t include Vancouver) features:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City
- Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island, N.L.
- Hôtel 71 in Quebec City
- The Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria
- Hôtel William Gray, Montreal
- Manoir Hovey, North Hatley, Que.
- Le Germain Hotel Quebec, Quebec City
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel, Victoria
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Quebec City
- Fairmont Empress, Victoria
The awards’ separate listing of the Top 10 Hotels in Vancouver includes:
- Loden Hotel
- Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
- Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Fairmont Waterfront
- Hotel Le Soleil
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
A complete list of categories and winners for the 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards is available at cntraveler.com.