ROCKVILLE, Md. — Choice Hotels International has completed the integration of the Radisson Hotels Americas business, transitioning nearly 600 hotels to Choice’s franchise system and digital platforms.
The milestone comes just 16 months after Choice acquired the Radisson Hotels Americas brands in August 2022. Migrating hundreds of Radisson Americas hotels onto choiceADVANTAGE and ChoiceMAX, the company’s proprietary cloud-based systems, was the final step in the integration process.
Since the digital migration, total traffic, bookings and booked revenue increased significantly versus what they were on the pre-migration Choice and Radisson Americas websites and apps combined. Year-over-year, from August through November:
- Total digital visits are up four per cent
- Total digital bookings are up five per cent
- Total digital booked revenue is up three per cent
- App-only visits are up 19 per cent
- App-only bookings are up 18 per cent
- App-only booked revenue is up 13 per cent
Additional findings include:
- The Radisson Americas brands have seen a 26 per cent YOY increase in digital bookings and a 21 per cent YOY increase in digital booked revenue. Digital bookings for the Country Inn & Suites brand are up 36 per cent;
- Year-to-date through November, RevPAR for the Radisson Americas brands is up 2.3 per cent YOY. RevPAR for the Radisson upscale brand is up 8.6 per cent YOY, with a 200 bps increase in occupancy rate and a 6.5-per-cent increase in ADR;
- Combining Radisson Americas with Choice grew the total number of nationally and globally managed corporate accounts to nearly 1,000, in addition to 600 specialty accounts across government, transportation, wholesale and more;
- The integration of Radisson Rewards Americas expanded the total number of Choice Privileges rewards program members to more than 63 million; and
- Choice helped legacy Radisson properties realize a meaningful reduction in fees through integration synergies, successfully negotiating new terms with key third-party distribution partners and uncovering annual operating savings potential of up to $40,000 for Radisson hotels that used Choice’s Your Key to Profit program.
“Completing the integration in such a short amount of time is a testament to Choice’s experience and unrivaled expertise in acquiring and integrating hotel brands,” says president and CEO Pat Pacious. “With the Radisson Hotels Americas properties now integrated, we’re well-positioned to further help reduce Choice franchisees’ costs, continue to boost their profitability and help drive their performance to the next level.”