TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada opened three new hotels in the fourth quarter of 2018, with another eight anticipated for the first quarter of 2019. The most recent openings were conversions that spanned the country, from Prince George to Rouyn-Noranda. As one of the largest lodging franchisors in the country, Choice Canada closed out the year with a total of 317 properties open and more than 25 under development.
“Our new properties are diverse in their guest offerings, including a Quality Inn & Conference Centre with modern meeting facilities in Simcoe County, a west-coast Econo Lodge offering an affordable place to stay and our latest Ascend in Quebec providing a unique local experience,” says Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada. “We are confident these additions will be welcomed by travellers and their respective communities and are happy to have them join our family of hotels”.
The 2018 openings include:
- Econo Lodge, Prince George, B.C. (53-room conversion)
- Le Noranda Hotel & Spa, an Ascend Hotel Collection member, Rouyn-Noranda (71-room conversion)
- Quality Inn & Conference Centre, Orillia, Ont. (85-room conversion)
- Quality Inn, Kitchener, Ont. (97-room conversion)
- Comfort Inn & Suites, Bowmanville, Ont. (72-room new build)
- Comfort Inn & Suites, North Battleford, Sask. (105-room new build)
- Quality Inn & Suites, Oakville, Ont. (71-room conversion)