WASHINGTON, D.C. — AHLA Foundation, the charitable arm of the American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA), has launched its new ForWard initiative to support the advancement of women into hotel industry leadership and ownership.
The ForWard initiative represents the merger of ForWard – which began as an AHLA event – and the Castell Project into one brand offering a suite of resources, events, professional-development opportunities and community-building forums to develop a pipeline of women leaders in hospitality. The Castell Project was acquired by the foundation last year.
The ForWard initiative’s new portfolio includes:
- ForWard BUILD & ELEVATE (formerly Castell BUILD & ELEVATE): a year-long curriculum of skills-based workshops, career coaching and leadership coursework to develop a foundation for career success.
- ForWard Thinking (formerly Castell@College): a speaker series to help hospitality students envision future career opportunities.
- The ForWard Network: a community of women leaders that bring together ForWard Ambassadors with the Friends of Castell and Castell Luminaries.
- The ForWard Conference will continue under this combined initiative as an AHLA Foundation event.
- The Peggy Berg Castell Award (formerly the Castell Award) that celebrates remarkable women leaders in the hotel industry was re-named to give tribute to the legacy and commitment of the Castell Project’s founder.
“There is tremendous opportunity for us to do more to celebrate, champion, and create community for women,” says Anna Blue, president of AHLA Foundation. “AHLA Foundation is uniquely positioned to collaborate across industry and invest in the women who are advancing hospitality.”