In recent weeks, the death of American George Floyd at the hands of police has fuelled outrage and sparked protests and demonstrations against anti-Black racism across North America and around the world, igniting a growing movement for a more equitable and just society.
While the foodservice and hospitality industry is home to a diverse workforce, barriers to equality continue to exist in restaurants and hotels alike.
Kostuch Media Ltd., in partnership with the Easton’s Group of Hotels, hosted a Roundtable Discussion on what the industry needs to do in order to dismantle those barriers to ensure discrimination is eradicated, true equality is achieved and that everyone is treated with the respect they deserve.
Watch as we host this important and ground-breaking roundtable discussion that promises to engage the industry to do better while creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for all.
• Don Cleary, President & CEO, Marriott Hotels of Canada
• Reetu Gupta, President & CEO, The Gupta Group/Easton’s Group
• Sara Glenn, SVP, Operations, Canada, Carribean, Central America, Mexico, AccorHotels
• Julie Denton, Chief People Officer/Chief of Staff, Recipe Unlimited
• Juanita Dickson, President, Gusto 54 Restaurant Group
• Michelle Caine, Chair, Hospitality Management, Centennial College
• Chandran Fernando, Managing Partner, Matrix360
• Joshna Maharaj, Chef/Activist
• David Wolfman, Culinary Arts Professor, George Brown College
• Andrea Gunraj, Vice-President, Public Engagement, Canadian Women’s Foundation
• Christina Veira, Director of Programming. Toronto Cocktail Week and Bar & Beverage Curator, Restaurants Canada