The winners of the North American leg of the 22nd World Travel Awards (WTA) have been announced, and Toronto has emerged as North America’s Leading Sports Tourism Destination.
The Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler, B.C. and the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver also received top titles, winning North America’s Leading Resort and North America’s Leading Boutique Hotel, respectively. These regional winners will progress to the WTA’s Grand Final, held in Morocco in December.
The World Travel Awards also recognized top Canadian achievements including:
- Canada’s Leading Business Hotel: Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver
- Canada’s Leading Hotel: The Ritz-Carlton Montreal
- Canada’s Leading Hotel Suite: Royal Suite, The Ritz-Carlton Montreal
- Canada’s Leading Spa Resort: The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alta.
- Canada’s Leading Wilderness Resort: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, Vancouver Island, B.C.
The event’s other notable winners include Las Vegas, taking the trophy for North American’s Leading Destination among a clutch of awards; Hilton Hotels & Resorts, which was recognized as North America’s Leading Hotel Brand and Visit Florida, which was named North America’s Leading Tourist Board. A complete list of winners can be found at worldtravelawards.com/winners2015-11