OTTAWA — The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) announced its 2021 Board of Directors. HAC welcomed Mandy Farmer, president and CEO of Accent Inns and Hotel Zed to the board and congratulated the following hoteliers on their re-election for a second term: David Clark, Hotel Association of Nova Scotia; Tony Cohen, Crescent Hotels & Resorts Canada; Sara Glenn, Accor Hotels; Steven Watters, Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association; and Roz Winegrad, Marriott Hotels of Canada.
“The significance of the Hotel Association of Canada has never been greater or more important to Canada’s hotel industry. I look forward to working with these new national directors and our continued work alongside all HAC board members,” says Jonathan Lund, Chair of the HAC Board of Directors.
Additionally, HAC met its goal to reach at least 20-per-cent female representation by 2020. HAC also pledged to increase the overall proportion of board seats held by women to 30 per cent or greater by 2022, but this goal has been realized one year early.
“The Hotel Association of Canada is proud to put diversity, gender equality, women’s advancement and representation in leadership at the forefront of our business practices. I could not be more pleased to see this goal realized,” says Susie Grynol, president and CEO of HAC.
In total, HAC’s 2021 Board of Directors has 22 members. They include:
- David Clark, general manager at Hotel Association of Nova Scotia
- Tony Elenis, president and CEO of Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association
- Xavier Gret, president and CEO of Association Hôtellerie Québec
- Ingrid Jarrett, president and CEO of British Columbia Hotel Association
- Scott Jocelyn, president and CEO of Manitoba Hotel Association
- Steven Watters, corporate director of Operations at Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association
- Kevin Brickner, SVP, Franchise Sales and Development at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Sara Glenn, senior vice-president of Operations at Accor Hotels
- Brian Leon, president and CEO of Choice Hotels Canada
- Jonathan Lund, regional vice-president of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Ally Wesson, vice president of marketing of Realstar Hospitality
- Roz Winegard, AVP, owner and franchise services at Marriott Hotels of Canada
- Tony Cohen, EVP & partner, Crescent Hotels & Resorts Canada
- Philippe Gadbois, senior vice-president of Operations, Atlific Hotels
- Will Loughran, CEO of Aimbridge Hospitality (Evolution Hospitality)
- Lydia Chen, president and CEO, InnVest Hotels LP
- Mandy Farmer, president and CEO of Accent Inns & Hotel Zed
- Melissa French, vice-president of Operations at Silver Hotels Group
- Robert Pratt, president and CEO of Sandman and Sutton Place Hotels
- Marc Staniloff, president and CEO of Superior Lodging Corp
- Vito Curalli, executive director, Canada, Latin America & International Sales Hilton Worldwide
- Didier Obeuf, vice-president of Operations of Groupe Germain