TORONTO — Realstar Hospitality has recently presented its 2011 Awards of Recognition to the top Motel 6 properties in Canada, recognizing excellence in hospitality.
“These awards acknowledge our Motel 6 owners, managers and teams that continue to represent the best the brand has to offer in Canada,” said Irwin Prince, president and COO, Realstar Hospitality. “As the Motel 6 family continues to grow through new construction and responsible conversion, it’s important to be recognized for providing quality accommodations at an affordable price.”
The 2001 Award of Recognition winners are:
• Property of the Year: Motel 6 Grande Prairie, Alta.
• New Property of the Year: Motel 6 Headingley, Man.
• Best Customer Service, Western Canada: Motel 6 Headingley, Man
• Best Customer Service, Eastern Canada: Motel 6 Mississauga, Ont.
• Best Quality Practices, Western Canada: Motel 6 Stony Plain, Alta.
• Best Quality Practices, Eastern Canada: Motel 6 Peterborough, Ont.
• Best Competitive RevPAR Index, Eastern Canada: Studio 6 Mississauga, Ont.
• Best Competitive RevPAR Index, Western Canada: Motel 6 Saskatoon
Meanwhile, Motel 6 is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year with new properties, featuring new construction prototypes, free high-speed Internet, flat-screen TVs with AV connections, new bedding and composite hardwood floors.