NORTH BAY, Ont. — A new lobby group has been formed in North Bay, Ont. to boost tourism efforts in the northern-Ontario city, according to BayToday.ca.
The North Bay Accommodation Association — under the umbrella of the Ontario Restaurant Hotel & Motel Association (ORHMA) — will represent the hospitality sector at the regional level. The group was formed following the introduction of a municipal accommodation tax (MAT) and restructuring of Tourism North Bay. The group will also serve as a voice to tackle industry issues at the municipal level, as well as elsewhere in the region.
The new board consists of:
- chair — Wesam Metwalli, CMP, Homewood Suites by Hilton North Bay
- vice chair — Paul Enqvist, Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
- secretary/treasurer — Crystal Thompson, Homewood Suites by Hilton North Bay
- board member — Erika Bayliss, Hampton Inn by Hilton
- board member — Amit Talreja, Lakeshore Travelodge
- board member — Cindy Rivest–Vainio, Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre