TORONTO – Kostuch Media Ltd. (KML) has announced its 2022 Top 30-Under-30 award winners.
The annual awards program recognizes and salutes the foodservice-and-hospitality industry’s top young performers, in the process, helping to foster and inspire tomorrow’s hospitality leaders. The program also helps to create a sense of pride and self-esteem for young professionals while highlighting exemplary role models for those forging careers in the foodservice-and-hospitality industry.
According to Rosanna Caira, editor and publisher of Kostuch Media’s Foodservice and Hospitality and Hotelier magazines, “The pandemic has certainly impacted the hospitality industry in many significant ways, especially on the labour front. More than ever, it’s important to recognize the young talent that calls this industry home as they grow and evolve to become tomorrow’s leaders.”
Caira went on to say, that as in previous years, this year’s slate of winners demonstrated a high level of skill and talent, as well as a commitment to service excellence, regardless of which segment the winners represented. “It’s so gratifying to see the continued evolution of the Top-30-under-30 Program,” she says, “and to be able to now honour candidates across this country.”
The Top-30-under-30 winners (see list below) represent a cross-section of the industry including restaurants, hotels, entrepreneurs, tourism-related businesses and suppliers. The idea for the program was developed by Bruce McAdams, professor at the University of Guelph, and launched in 2006 by the Ontario Hostelry Institute, under the guidance of J. Charles Grieco to recognize the hospitality industry’s top young performers. Grieco sadly passed away in 2019, at which time, KML assumed control of the recognition program and expanded its reach nationally.
Helping KML to determine each year’s winners is an adjudication committee, comprised of Bruce McAdams, professor, School of Hospitality & Tourism, University of Guelph; Gracie Reesor, assistant general manager of Restaurants, Eataly Toronto; Cyrus Cooper, professor, School of Hospitality & Culinary Arts, Centennial College; Liana Carniello, director, Human Resources, Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel; Jane Gibson, National Corporate Account Manager OP, Arterra Wines; and Peter Rod Bodnar, program coordinator & faculty professor, Wine Programs, CFWI, Niagara College.
Due to ongoing restrictions over the past two years, caused by COVID-19, the Top-30 winners have been fêted virtually in a KML webcast. This year, KML hopes to honour the Top-30 winners at a live awards ceremony to be held in early fall. More details will follow as they become available.
This year’s KML Top-30-Under-30 honourees are:
- Alexandre Lepage, Executive Chef, Club Link
- Austin Granados, Co-owner/Pastry Chef, Cake-ology
- Brenda Pais, Strategic Account Manager, Hotelbeds
- Brooke Husband, Assistant Winemaker, Domaine Queylus/Mason Vineyards/Honsberger Estates Domaine
- Corbin Staniloff, VP, Development, MasterBUILT Hotels
- Courtney Jenkins, Art Director, Kostuch Media Ltd.
- David Bennett, General Manager, Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill
- Emilio Montenegro, Executive Chef, Fonda Fora
- Emre Ergun, Director of Room Operations, Muskoka Bay Resort
- Gabrielle Arvanitis, Director of Operations, Score Pizza
- Hannah Harradine, Owner/Operator, Sumac & Salt
- Ivan Bekcic, Executive Chef, The Wine Academy
- Janet Roper, Executive Housekeeper, Vintage Hotels
- Kirsten Kerpel, Private Suites and Catering Coordinator, Canucks Sports and Entertainment
- Liezle Espejo, Sous Chef, The Ritz-Carlton Toronto
- Mackenzie Clemens, Regional Digital Marketing Manager, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Meaghan Cooper, Social Media Manager, Fairmont Royal York
- Miguel Brito, Director of Banquets, Park Hyatt Toronto
- Monika Kruszka, Pastry Chef & Co-Founder, Wallflower Doughnuts
- Nick Chindamo, Forager, Ecological guide, Chef / NickOfNorth
- Omar Karim, Executive Director, Alka Holdings Ltd.
- Patrick Jones, Sustainability Manager & Capital Projects Coordinator, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Rachelle Boutin, Director of Rooms Division, Le Germain Hotel Montreal
- Sam Clark, Regional Bar Manager, Fairmont Hotels Canada, Western Mountain Region
- Samantha Medeiros, Chef de Cuisine, La Palma Restaurant
- Shruti Kukreja, Associate, Consultancy and Valuation, HVS
- Simon-Pierre Picard, Breakfast & Meetings Manager, Germain Hotels
- Sophia Darling, Event Sales Manager, Fairmont Royal York
- Spencer Smith, Retail & Experience Manager, Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery & Distillery
- Tyler Nicklin, Chef de Cuisine, The Other Bird
For more information on the Top-30-Under-30 program, please contact Kimone Clunis at email@example.com
How can I apply for this for the next nomination? I am DOS at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington (Top Courtyard in Canada)
Thank you so much