TORONTO — Outstanding GMs and sales managers collected awards earlier this month during the IHG Sales Leadership Conference, held at the InterContinental Toronto Centre.
The winners are:
• Holiday Inn Kitchener-Waterloo Conference Centre in Ontario (Heartbeat Award 2015): The team was recognized for its new service culture implemented by its GM. This new philosophy, “It Starts With Me” helped the property increase its Heartbeat score by nearly seven points.
• The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montreal Airport (Loyalty Recognition Award 2015): The hotel increased its loyalty recognition by 22 points.
• The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Drayton Valley in Alberta (Problem Handling Award 2015): The Holiday Inn generated a 31-point increase in guest-problem handling satisfaction for 2015, by creating an experience that makes guests feel comfortable reporting problems and offering a timely and professional resolution.
• Holiday Inn Express & Suites Slave Lake in Alberta (Revenue Growth Index Award 2015, Mid-Scale Brands): The Holiday Inn Express & Suites was recognized for its commitment to driving Revenue Growth Index (RGI) with its ‘no guest walks’ policy.
• Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa (Revenue Growth Index Award 2015, Up-Scale Brands): It achieved the highest occupancy growth against its comp set and the strongest ADR growth in its comp set.
• Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville in Ontario (Winning Metrics Award Canada): The hotel scored well above target in all measures in 2015. In 2014, GM Matthew Phillips returned full-time to the property from another hotel to give a singular focus to drive performance, and led his team to grow their service metric results higher even through the busy summer when their average rate climbed to new highs. They achieved 210 per cent of their Enrollment Winning Metric goal for the year.
Nicole Kemp, director of Sales & Marketing, Holiday Inn Kingston-Waterfront in Ontario took home the Hotel Sales Support Partner of The Year Award; and Sara Brar, regional director of Sales, Americas Sales, nabbed the Hotel Sales Partner of the Year Award.