TORONTO — The winners of the second-annual Hotelier magazine Design Awards have been announced, with Vancouver-based CHIL Interior Design leading the pack with four awards.
The annual awards, which recognize Canadian hotel-design excellence, are handed out in a number of categories. The winners were judged on originality, creativity, aesthetic appeal, functionality of the space, as well as sustainability of the project and impact of the design project.
This year’s winners include:
- Best Lobby Design (50 to 200 rooms) — Hampton Inns by Hilton, Design Link
- Best Lobby Design (200+ rooms) — Fairmont Royal York, Rockwell Group
- Best Renovated Space — Hyatt Regency Vancouver, CHIL Interior Design
- Best Guestroom Design — Sheraton Guildford Suites, CHIL Interior Design
- Best Suite Design — Royal Suite, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, CHIL Interior Design
- Best Restaurant/Bar Design — Delta Calgary Downtown, CHIL Interior Design
- Best Hotel Design — Fairmont Gold, Fairmont Royal York Hotel, Champalimaud
“First impressions mean everything in the hotel industry,” says Rosanna Caira, editor/publisher, Hotelier magazine. “The awards’ program was created to recognize leading and influential designers who are dedicated to improving the hotel space.”
Winners will be featured in the September issue of Hotelier magazine and presented with their awards in the fall.