WINNIPEG — Hotel-Addict.com, a website and e-zine created by and for hotel lovers, has released its exclusive list of Canada’s 50 best hotels with the Fairmont Empress in Victoria taking the top spot.
Auberge Saint-Antoine in Quebec City; Le Germain Hotel & Spa Charlevoix in Baie-Saint-Paul, Que.; Fogo Island Inn in Joe Batt’s Arm, N.L.; and Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver rounded out the top five.
Each of the properties were chosen because of exceptional service, great ambiance, quality amenities and superb style. A team of travel writers, as well as Janice Tober, executive editor of Hotel-Addict.com, created the list.
“There were some hotels we all agreed should be on the list; others, we discussed and, yes, there was even some cajoling involved as we stood up for our favourites,” says Tober. “The process was intensive and included looking at numerous readers’ suggestions. It took us several weeks of careful review before we created the best 50.”
The Canada’s 50 Best Hotels list includes:
1. Fairmont Empress, Victoria
2. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City
3. Le Germain Hotel & Spa Charlevoix, Baie St Paul, Que.
4. Fogo Island Inn, Fogo Island, Nfld.
5. Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver
6. Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto
7. Andaz Ottawa Byward Market, Ottawa, Ont.
8. The Post Hotel & Spa, Lake Louise, Alta.
9. JW Marriott Parq / The Douglas, Vancouver
10. Anndore House, Toronto
The complete list is available here.