TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada recently announced the national winners of its annual APEX Awards (Awards for Property Excellence), recognizing stellar performance, ongoing commitment to guest service and operational excellence.
“This year has been unprecedented for the hospitality industry but despite the pandemic, our properties have continued to persevere and excel,” says Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada. “Because of everything going on in the world, we feel it’s more important than ever to applaud our top performers, who continue to raise standards in hospitality excellence through these most difficult times.”
In the midst of a worldwide pandemic and its devastating effects on the industry, the 11 recognized properties from across the country continued to stand out as top performers. The 2020 national APEX winners include:
• Highest Guest Satisfaction — Rodeway Inn, Pikogan, Que.
• Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition — Comfort Inn, Sturgeon Falls, Ont.
• Highest Choice Privileges Enroller Rate — Comfort Inn Airport West, Mississauga, Ont.
• Sales Excellence Award — Lisa Leroy, Comfort Inn & Suites, Airdrie, Alta.
• Renovation of the Year Award — Quality Suites, Whitby, Ont.
• Leader of the Year Award — Colleen Kendall, Comfort Inn, Halifax
• Developer of the Year Award — Harinder Brar, whose current projects under development include a Quality Inn and three Comfort properties in Ontario
• Best New Entry – New Build Mid-Market Brands — Comfort Inn & Suites, Goderich, Ont.
• Best New Entry – Conversion Mid-Market Brands — Quality Inn Centre-Ville, Montreal
• Best New Entry – Economy Brands — Rodeway Inn, Edson, Alta.
• Best New Entry – Ascend Hotel Collection — Le Noranda Hotel & Spa, Rouyn-Noranda, Que.