TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada has announced the winners of its 2019 APEX Awards (Awards for Property Excellence). This year, 11 top-performing properties and team members across the country were awarded national APEX Awards.
“It takes a concerted effort at the hotel level to become eligible for an APEX award and we’re so proud to recognize these outstanding brand representatives,” says Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada. “We applaud our top performers, who continue to raise standards of hospitality excellence.”
This year’s award winners include:
- Highest Guest Satisfaction: Comfort Inn, Sturgeon Falls, Ont.
- Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition: Comfort Hotel Bayer’s Lake, Halifax
- Sales Excellence Award: Sameh Khedr, Sales manager, Comfort Inn & Suites Airport South, Calgary
- Renovation of the Year Award: Quality Suites, Quebec City
- Leader of the Year Award: Karen Mills, general manager, Comfort Inn, Gander, N.L.
- Best New Entry – New Build Mid-Market Brands: Quality Inn & Suites, Mont-Joli, Que.
- Best New Entry – Conversion Mid-Market Brands: Quality Hotel, Clarenville, N.L.
- Best New Entry – Economy Brands: Rodeway Inn, Pikogan, Que.
- Best New Entry – Ascend Hotel Collection: The Courthouse Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection member, Thunder Bay, Ont.