TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada announced the national winners of the prestigious APEX Awards (Awards for Property Excellence) at its 8th Annual Fall Conference yesterday. Eight properties were celebrated for performance and ongoing commitment to quality and guest service.
The APEX Awards recognize top-performing properties operating under the Choice family of brands. “All of our hotels are committed to making every guest feel welcome, but every year there are some properties that elevate their service to a level that deserves to be recognized. These awards reward their hard work and dedication,” says Brian Leon, managing director, Choice Hotels Canada. “It’s an honour to work with such committed professionals and to see how much their efforts are appreciated by our guests.”
The 2016 national winners include:
- Highest Likelihood to Recommend: Comfort Inn & Suites, Campbell River, B.C.
- Most Improved Likelihood to Recommend: Econo Lodge, Edson, Alta.
- Most Improved Room Condition: Comfort Inn Midtown, Kingston, Ont.
- Greatest RevPAR Growth: Comfort Inn, St. Catharines, Ont.
- Best New Entry: Comfort Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport, Nisku, Alta.
- Rookie of the Year: Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, Abbotsford, B.C.
- Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition: Comfort Inn & Suites, Airdrie, Alta.
- Highest Choice Privileges Enroller Rate: Comfort Inn Downtown, Vancouver, B.C.
- Sales Excellence Award: The Saint James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection, Toronto, Ont.