TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada named Quality Inn & Suites, Val d’Or the 2018 Canadian Hotel of the Year at the 64th annual Choice Hotels International Convention held in Las Vegas earlier this month.
Quality Inn & Suites, Val d’Or was among the 12 Choice Hotels Canada properties to receive a 2018 Platinum Hospitality Award, which recognizes properties in the top three per cent of more than 325 hotels within the Choice Canada family and puts hotels in the running for the annual Canadian Hotel of the Year award.
This is the sixth consecutive year the Quality Inn & Suites, Val d’Or has been honoured with a Platinum Award — having been recognized each year since the hotel opened in 2011 — and the second time the hotel was been awarded this distinction. In 2014, the hotel was recognized not only as Canadian Hotel of the Year, but also the International Hotel of the Year for the Quality brand.
“Quality Inn & Suites, Val-d’Or is one of our most awarded hotels across the system,” says Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada. “The ownership and hotel team truly embody the best of the best and are committed to providing superior guest experience.”
The other Platinum Hospitality Award winners include:
• Chateau Moncton Hotel & Suites, Moncton, N.B.
• Comfort Inn, Sturgeon Falls, Que.
• Comfort Hotel Bayer’s Lake, Halifax, N.S.
• Comfort Inn & Suites, Campbell River, B.C.
• Quality Inn & Suites, Petawawa, Ont.
• Quality Inn, Rouyn-Noranda, Que.
• Quality Inn & Suites, Lévis, Que.
• Quality Inn & Suites, Saskatoon
• Econo Lodge, Taber, Alta.
• Econo Lodge, Fox Creek, Alta.
• MainStay Suites, Saskatoon