TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada opened five hotels during the second quarter of 2017, bringing the total number of properties in the system to 331.
“Choice Hotels continues to expand in key markets across Canada,” says Brian Leon, managing director, Choice Hotels Canada. “We have no doubt these new additions will serve as fantastic representatives of our brands and create new opportunities for travellers seeking superior service and refreshing experiences.”
Second-quarter openings include:
• Hôtel Quartier, an Ascend Hotel Collection, Quebec City (140-room conversion)
• Quality Hotel & Suites, Gander, Nfld. (137-room conversion)
• Comfort Inn & Suites, Terrace, B.C. (92-room new build)
• Quality Inn, Medicine Hat, Alta. (122-room conversion)
• Quality Inn & Suites, Cornwall, P.E.I. (62-room conversion)
The company expects to open seven hotels in the third quarter of 2017.