COLORADO SPRINGS, CO. — Cetis, Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of hotel guestroom telephones, will debutTeledex brand Y SeriesEXA100 wireless access point, EXP100 ADSL2+, and EXP Series DSLAM networking solutionsat HITEC 2013, Booth #201.
Engineered to meet the emerging growth requirements for hotel guestroom and back-of-house mobile connectivity, Teledex Y Series discrete in-wall wireless access points use existing or new CAT3, CAT4, CAT5, or CAT6 cabling to deliver robust wireless and/orwired/wireless connectivity for hotel guestroom and back-of-house networking applications.
Y Series in-wall wired and wireless access points may be deployed in each guestroom to assure seamless connectivity within the guestroom, while also empowering hotel staff to meet guest needs more quickly and effectively with real-time mobile point-of-sale (POS) device connectivity that helps positively impact the guest experience. The new Teledex Y Series product line includes:
• Discrete in-wall wireless access point
• Installs inside a standard electrical wall box
• One Ethernet data port
• Power via POE or wall adaptor
• ADSL2+ wired/wireless in-wall access point
• Ideal for existing CAT3/CAT4 infrastructure
• Installs in a standard electrical wall box
• Power via wall adaptor
EXP212, EXP224, EXP248
• ADSL2+ IP DSLAM
• 12, 24, and 48 port options
“Because today’s technology-ladentravelers do not leave home without their laptops, tablets, smartphones, and gaming devices that require access to the Internet and WiFi-enabled applications throughout the property, Cetis developed the Teledex Y Series discrete in-wall solution to helpassure maximum connectivity throughout the hotel guestroom, not just near the door where signal access from traditional ceiling-mounted access points distribute to multiple guestrooms,” reports Brock Munsell, Chief Technology Officer, Cetis, Inc.
According to a 2012 Four Points by Sheraton survey conducted by Studylogic, LLC to determine how business travelers are using devices:
• 55% admit to traveling with 3-4 mobile devices.
• 65% of respondents say they bring tablets with them on business trips.
• 68% say use a tablet more than a laptop when traveling.
• 60% of respondents say that traveling with their technology “makes their life significantly easier and more convenient”
“Y Series is a product born out of our years of our Teledex ExpressNet and VoIP telephone networking experience,” states Dr. Bing N. Sun, President & CEO, Cetis, Inc. “With the largest installed base of hotel VoIP phones in the world, Cetis brings a level of product development, engineering, manufacturing and SIP support services that are unparalleled in networking and hotel guestroom telephony.”
The above report is a press release that has been reprinted in its entirety and does not necessarily represent the views and/or editorial style of hoteliermagazine.com.