The CBC reports that about a year ago, a group of women visiting Spa at the Monastery, a downtown medical spa, entered the hot tub and began to experience a stinging sensation. The friends noticed that their swimsuits and towels had changed colour, and one of the women said her hair changed from brown to pink. They were treated at a local hospital for moderate chemical burns.
Paul Madden, the owner of Spa at the Monastery denies responsibility for the chemical levels in the hot tub. “I’m the owner, but I’m not a chemical expert. I don’t monitor the pools. Physically, I don’t add or subtract the chlorine, it’s all done through an automatic system,” he is quoted as saying by the CBC.
The group has hired a lawyer to pursue a lawsuit against the spa.
For more on this incident, visit cbc.ca.
Looking for suppliers? Check out Buyer’s Guide