LONDON, U.K. — Wallpaper* has released the shortlist for this year’s Best Urban Hotels list.
Among the shortlist’s 41 global contenders, Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market was the only Canadian hotel included.
“We are so excited to be included in the Wallpaper* shortlist,” says Matt Graham, general manager of Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market. “With the support of local designers, artisans and creative minds in every field, the Andaz Ottawa celebrates the very best of our city, I think our inclusion in the shortlist is, in many ways, a reflection of just how wonderful Ottawa is, both for our visitors and for those of us lucky enough to live here.”
Other properties included in the shortlist include:
• Four Seasons Hotel at Ten Trinity Square, London, U.K.
• Hotel Danmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
• Wheat Youth Arts Hotel, Hangzhou, China
• Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Miami, U.S.
• 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, New York, U.S.
• Hotel Eden, Rome, Italy
• Ion City Hotel, Reykjavik, Iceland
The annual survey by Wallpaper* casts a wide net of properties that have caught the magazines attention over the past year. A winner will be announced in the publication’s January issue. The complete shortlist is available at wallpaper.com.