OTTAWA — The Hotel Association of Canada’s (HAC) board of directors has appointed Jonathan Lund, regional vice-president, Hotel Operations, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Canada as Chair for a three-year term.
Lund succeeds Vito Curalli, executive director Canada, Latin America & International Sales for Hilton Worldwide, who has served as chair since February 2017 and will continue his service to the industry as past-chair of HAC’s board of directors.
“Jonathan has been a valued member of our board since 2016 and, during that time, the association has benefitted greatly from his leadership and expertise,” says Alison Evans, interim president, HAC. “As we continue to implement our strategic plan, Jonathan will continue to bring immense value to the association.”
With more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry, in both Canada and the U.K., Lund leads IHG’s Canadian team to support more than 200 owned and managed Canadian hotels operating under eight brands in the Americas region.
HAC has also announced the members of its 2019 board of directors. The 2019 board marks a milestone for the organizations, as it has reached its goal of reaching at least 20-per-cent female representation a year early.
HAC’s 2019 board of directors includes:
- Jim Bence, president & CEO, Saskatchewan Hotel & Hospitality Association
- James Chase, president & CEO, British Columbia Hotel Association
- Tony Elenis, president & CEO, Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association
- Xavier Gret, CEO (président-directeur general), Association Hôtellerie Québec
- Scott Jocelyn, president & CEO, Manitoba Hotel Association
- Steven Watters, executive director of Operations, Sawridge Group of Companies (Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association)
- Sara Glenn, senior vice-president, Operations, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean, AccorHotels
- Neil Hornsby, director, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, Best Western Hotels & Resort
- Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada Inc.
- Jonathan Lund, regional vice-president, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Irwin Prince, president & COO, Realstar Hospitality
- Roz Winegrad, AVP, Owner and Franchise Services, Marriott of Canada
- Anthony Cohen, EVP & partner, Crescent Hotels & Resorts Canada
- Philippe Gadbois, senior vice-president, Operations, Atlific Hotels
- Suzanne Gatrell, president & CEO, Kingsbridge Management
- Lydia Chen, president & CEO, InnVest Hotels LP
- Mark Hope, vice-president, Development & Revenue Strategy, Coast Hotels
- Didier Obeuf, vice-president, Operations, Groupe Germain Hôtels
- Robert Pratt, president and CEO, Sandman and Sutton Place Hotels
- Marc Staniloff, president and CEO, Superior Lodging Corp.
- Vito Curalli, executive director, Canada, Latin America & International Sales Hilton Worldwide
- Sarah Law, regional director, Franchise Operations, Americas Radisson Hotel Group