TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada announced the national winners of its APEX Awards (Awards for Property Excellence) at the 2018 Choice Hotels Canada Fall Conference in Niagara Falls, Ont. last week.
“Since we started handing out APEX Awards in 2010, our hotels have continually raised the bar and this year is no exception,” says Brian Leon, president, Choice Hotels Canada. “We are so impressed by the incredible work our franchisees achieve at the hotel level and how their efforts consistently translate into hospitality excellence.”
The awards recognized the 12 national APEX-Award winners at a gala dinner held at Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery, which also celebrated Choice Hotels Canada’s 25th anniversary. The APEX Awards recognize stellar performance, ongoing commitment to guest service and community leadership. Regional awards were also presented, recognizing customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as revenue growth.
The 2018 national APEX winners include:
- Highest Guest Satisfaction (Top LTR): Comfort Inn, Sturgeon Falls, Ont.
- Greatest RevPAR Growth: Comfort Inn & Suites, Collingwood, Ont.
- Highest Choice Privileges Elite Recognition: Comfort Inn & Suites, Salmon Arm, B.C.
- Highest Choice Privileges Enroller Rate: Comfort Inn Downtown, Vancouver, B.C.
- Sales Excellence Award: Quality Inn & Conference Centre, Red Deer, Alta.
- Renovation of the Year Award: Comfort Inn Toronto North, Ont.
- Leader of the Year Award: Alexandre Audet, general manager, Quality Inn & Suites, Val-d’Or, Que.
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award: Geneviève Milot, owner, Quality Suites Drummondville, Que.
- Best New Entry – New Build Mid-Market Brands: Comfort Inn & Suites, North Battleford, Sask.
- Best New Entry – Conversion Mid-Market Brands: Quality Inn & Suites, Bathurst, N.B.
- Best New Entry – Economy Brands: Econo Lodge, Regina
- Best New Entry – Ascend Hotel Collection: The Champlain Waterfront Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection member, Orillia, Ont.