TORONTO — Choice Hotels Canada opened five hotels during the first quarter of 2017, growing the total number of properties in the system to 327.
“In 2016, we saw tremendous growth at Choice Hotels Canada and we continue this trend in 2017 with the further expansion of our brands coast to coast,” says Brian Leon, managing director, Choice Hotels Canada. “We have no doubt these new additions will serve as fantastic representatives of our brands and work hard to satisfy the ever-increasing expectations of our guests.”
First quarter Choice Hotels Canada openings include:
• Comfort Inn & Suites, Merritt, B.C. (44-room new build)
• Quality Inn & Suites, Westlock, Alta. (60-room conversion)
• Quality Inn & Conference Centre, Midland, Ont. (121-room conversion)
• Clarion Hotel & Suites, Brandon, Man. (156-room conversion)
• Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, Sherwood Park, Alta. (258-room conversion)
The company plans to open six hotels in the second quarter of 2017.